Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembrance and Thankfulness

Today is a day for remembrance and thankfulness.
As a nation we remember those who have served our country in the military.  We think of the sacrifice they have made, or are currently making; being separated from loved ones and being willing to die for our freedom.  We are thankful for their willingness and courage.
On a personal level, it is a day to remember the tiny soul that slipped silently from my womb into the arms of Jesus three years ago today.  I think about that baby that I never got to know, and yes it makes me sad.  But I am also thankful; thankful that God picked me to carry that baby, even if only for a short time; thankful that I will hold that baby in heaven; and thankful for the child that was born after the loss.
So today, I will reflect.  I will remember.  And I will be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment